MamboLawyer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Another Day

2 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Just Another Day Empty Just Another Day

Post by Phoenix Wright Sun May 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Monday, February 12, 2016
Wright & Co. Law Office
Morning

Phoenix entered his office and sat down at his desk, staring at the piles of paperwork in front of him. 'How can I do all this today?' he wondered bleakly to himself. 'And don't even get me started on Wednesday's case...' He sighed and began on the paperwork, and desperately hoped he wouldn't have to suffer any interruptions.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

https://mambolawyer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Just Another Day Empty Re: Just Another Day

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 12:17 am

Miles was heading towards Wright & Co. Law, clutching a yellow envelope in his hands. It contained the DNA evidence for his upcoming case against Phoenix. 'Why am I even taking this to him? Gumshoe is normally the one doing this...' He sighed and continued on his way in silence, eventually making it to his destination. He reached out and, with a slight bit of hesitation, knocked on the door.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Phoenix growled a bit at the knock on the door, but got up to open it anyway. 'It better be important, or I'll cut someone,' he glowered inwardly, then opened the door. "Edgeworth?" He was surprised to see his courtroom rival at his door, DNA envelope in hand. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 am

"Hello, Wright." Miles began, coughing a bit as if to clear his throat. "I received the DNA test results for the upcoming trial and thought I might bring a copy over to you." He nonchalantly turned his attention away from Phoenix and looked at the envelope in his hand.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 12:39 am

"Um, thanks, Edgeworth," Phoenix eyed the envelope apprehensively, wondering what the catch was. "Anything I can do for you?" He looked at Edgeworth's face, studying it to try to see what his rival was thinking. "I mean, it's the least I could do, I know it's not easy to take time out of your schedule to come see me. It is a half an hour trip."
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 12:49 am

"As you know, normally Detective Gumshoe would be bringing this over. Unfortunately he decided to catch a cold and didn't come into work today." Miles extended the envelope towards Phoenix. "And there is one thing I somewhat need to do."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 12:52 am

Phoenix took the envelope, "What would that be?" He gave the contents of the envelope a cursory glance to ensure everything was in order. "Would you like to come in and talk about it?" He stepped back slightly, wondering what Edgeworth was up to.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 1:05 am

"It's nothing major, Wright. I just want to use your computer." Miles started to slowly walk into his rival's office. It looked more generic than he expected. "I got caught up in a bit of traffic and I need to email my superior to let her know I'll be a bit late."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 1:10 am

"Alright, the computer's on my desk," Phoenix shrugged, then went to make coffee in the back corner of his office. "How are you feeling about Wednesday's trial?" He tried making small talk, feeling awkward with Edgeworth, he was his rival, after all.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 am

"I'm feeling as I always feel." Miles walked over to Phoenix's desk and logged onto the unfamiliar desktop. The aroma of pre-ground coffee beans filled the office. He used to think of it as the 'smell of poor people' but here it wasn't as bad. It actually smelled... good? "Phoenix, might I have a cup of that?"
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 1:36 am

"Sure thing, Edgeworth," Phoenix reached up into his cabinet to grab another mug, and placed it on the countertop. "I thought the Genius Prosecutor only liked tea, though," he let out a small chuckle. "Or is my coffee just that good?" Phoenix smirked as he got out the creamer and sugar as the coffee brewed.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 1:47 am

"Oh, be quiet." Miles got a small tinge of blush on his face. "I enjoy a cup of coffee from time to time." After he finished his letter he glanced over at the mess of a desk Phoenix calls his workstation. "It seems you have a lot of work to do. Procrastinating again?"
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 1:50 am

Phoenix looked over at the desk, "Not really, more like I have Maya to take care of, it's not easy being a legal guardian for a teen girl, and a legal defense for an accused criminal. I'll get around to those papers before the trial, Miles."

'Even if I have to pull an all nighter tonight and Tuesday,' he tried not to think too much on it. 'I'll get everything done.'
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 1:57 am

"Don't you have Maya to help you as well?" Miles began to mindlessly shuffle through the papers. "This might be too much for even your stubborn mind to finish in time."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 2:00 am

"I just sent Maya to Kurain Village last night," Phoenix leaned back against the wall, exhausted. "She needs more spirit medium training, so we decided the best course of action was to send her back to her home village." He rubbed his temples, "I'm sure I'll get it done in time, Miles. Trust me."

Last edited by Phoenix Wright on Mon May 30, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 2:11 am

Miles chuckled a bit. 'Same old Phoenix.' "Do you need any help? I don't need to be back at my office for a while." He picked up a paper from the bottom of the pile, dated back a week ago. "Oh dear... You really are behind."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 2:15 am

"Would you?" Phoenix looked at Edgeworth suspiciously, "What's the catch? You already brought me the DNA reports..." He then looked at the huge pile of paperwork that needed to be done, "But, um, thanks for the offer." He smiled sheepishly, blushing some. "It's really appreciated, Miles."
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 2:24 am

"Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. You seem to be in a tad bit over your head." Miles began to sort the papers into apparent importance. "If this will help you be at your best on Wednesday then I'll help."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 2:27 am

Phoenix blinked in confusion, unsure of what was happening. "Um, thank you," he stammered, then poured the coffee, and stirred in creamer. He took a mug over to Edgeworth, "You're almost too kind, Miles."
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 2:32 am

"Don't mention it." Miles finished sorting the papers and absentmindedly took a sip of the light brown liquid. He paused for a moment. "I'm serious, don't. My superior still thinks I'm caught in traffic."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 2:35 am

Phoenix nodded, unsure of what to say, so he just took a sip of coffee. 'Nice Edgeworth is really weird,' he inwardly noted, then sat down opposite Edgeworth and began to fill out papers. "Edgeworth...why did you lie to your superior?"
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 2:41 am

Miles was mid sip when he heard Phoenix's last sentence. He wasn't expecting the conversation to go in this direction. He choked a bit on his coffee, sending him into a small coughing fit. "Well..." He managed to say at the end of his fit. "I didn't say I was still caught, per-say... I just said I'd be a tad late. I know how her mind works. She would think I'm stuck in two way traffic and say 'Take your time. There's no rush.' or something along those lines."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 2:45 am

"Still..." Phoenix frowned in thought, "Why'd you say that? You could have just left me the envelope and left..." He was trying very hard to wrap his mind around Edgeworth's actions. He took another sip of coffee, hoping it might clear his mind.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 2:56 am

"To be honest, I was in a spot of traffic on the way here so it wasn't a lie. Is there anything you need me to help with? Maybe filling out forms? Filing?" Miles took another sip of coffee. With each sip it tasted less and less store brand pre ground and more like his normal brew.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 2:59 am

"Oh, filing would be great," Phoenix smiled, "Hey, as a thank you, would you like to go out to lunch with me tomorrow? My treat." He continued filling out his paperwork, which seemed to be shrinking. "You're a lifesaver, Miles!"
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum