MamboLawyer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Another Day

2 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Just Another Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Another Day

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 3:06 am

Miles thought for a moment. Lunch with his rival, who the day after he would be facing in court. "I see no harm in it. I'm already prepared so I have nothing to worry about." 'Why did I agree to this? There is no reason why I should have. I cannot see this ending well...'

He tried to pretend he didn't just agree to lunch and began sorting.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 11:57 am

Phoenix smiled as he continued to fill out paperwork, knowing the internal conflict he knew Edgeworth must have about it. 'Heh, he just looks so...uncomfortable,' he observed Edgeworth with his peripheral vision. "Edgeworth, are you alright? You're not looking very good."
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

https://mambolawyer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 12:24 pm

"I'm fine. Just... trying to figure your filing system out." Miles replied, trying to locate where the first paper was supposed to be. 'How can he live with such a confounding system?'
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm

"You'd need to ask Maya how she does it," Phoenix chuckled. "She's been doing my filing for a year, and she still hasn't taught me her system." He got up and walked over to the filing cabinet. "I'm not a trained filer like Maya, but I think it's supposed to go in this folder," he gestured to the fifth folder in the top drawer. "I think she has it sorted by case."
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 12:42 pm

"New file for each case? How ridiculous... Can't you just call her and ask how it goes?" Miles reached up and grabbed the aforementioned folder. He flipped it open and, miraculously, it turned out to be the correct one. He replaced the folder and tried to locate the others.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 12:45 pm

"No, no, I'm sure that's right," Phoenix said as he pondered. "She's usually in charge of my court records, and you know how lazy she is. I'm 160% positive it's by case."

He went back to his desk to finish the paperwork, amazed by how fast it all had gone by. 'That wasn't half as painful as I thought.'
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 1:10 pm

"Oh. Didn't you say that you didn't know how she filed? You're a defense attorney. Stop contradicting your own testimony." Miles said with a smirk. He laughed slightly at his own joke and continued filing.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Phoenix glared at Edgeworth, "Not funny, Miles." He stood up, finished with his paperwork, and went to pour himself a second cup of coffee. "You know, you sure are cocky for someone I'm going to mop the floor with in Wednesday's case," he smirked.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 1:27 pm

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch." Miles turned to look at Phoenix, expecting him to still be busy with paperwork. "My word, Wright! Did you only need to sign things or what?"
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 1:32 pm

"What can I say? My hands are magic," Phoenix smiled innocuously before taking another sip of coffee. "And you know I'm going to win if my client is truly innocent. Which she is. I just know it."

'That, and when I asked her, no Psyche-Locks appeared,' he grinned to himself, thinking of the gift Pearl had given him. 'I just need to piece everything together...'
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 1:48 pm

"That's for the jury to decide." Miles reminded his opponent as he finished the last of his stack of papers. He stood awkwardly by the file shelf, trying to find something to say. "So, Phoenix, how's life treating you...?" He asked, attempting to initiate small talk.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Phoenix shrugged, "Alright, I guess. Still single and spending all my time here, but at least I'm not dead." He looked at Edgeworth. "How are things going with you?" He reached for Edgeworth's cup to pour him more coffee, trying not to focus on how weird this was, talking with Edgeworth as if they were merely just two friends meeting up, not courtroom rivals getting ready to beat each other with logic.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 5:20 pm

"Fine, fine. I'm single as well, but only because that... person keeps chasing off any potential dates I have the pleasure of garnering." Miles shuddered at the mere thought of that woman while handing Phoenix his near empty mug. "I swear she just wants to make people as miserable as she is..."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 5:29 pm

"Oldbag?" Phoenix chuckled as he poured more coffee. "Nah, I honestly-" He stopped, trying to decide whether or not Edgeworth would kill him. 'Oh, what's the harm? It's kinda funny...'

"I honestly believe she loves you, Edgeworth." Phoenix turned away so Edgeworth couldn't see him laughing. "Maybe you should give her a chance," he joked.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Miles stood shocked for a moment. 'Is... is he joking?! He HAS to be joking.'

After getting himself reconstituted, Miles thought up his retort. "If you think she's such a catch, Wright, you might as well go after her yourself before someone else does."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 5:53 pm

"Wish I could, but she seems to be all yours," Phoenix smirked. "I wouldn't want to be a home wrecker or anything."

He watched Edgeworth's reaction, trying not to laugh at the normally calm and cool prosecutor become flabbergasted. 'This is better than watching Steel Samurai with Maya,' he smiled. 'Much, much better.'
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 6:02 pm

"Wha...! I... Phoenix! It... You're mocking me, aren't you?" Miles glared at the defense attorney who seemed to be enjoying this a bit too much for his tastes. In fact, anything making him look bad was too much for his tastes.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 6:18 pm

"What?" Phoenix tried suppressing his laughter. "Noooooo, Edgeypoo, I'd never mock you!" He laughed, using the affectionate pet name Oldbag gave Edgeworth. "C'mon, lighten up, Edgeworth. You only live once."
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Miles turned away from Phoenix. "If this is living then count me out! This kind of 'fun', as you call it, can't be good for anybody." He grumbled something inaudible as he turned his attention back to the other man and showed a small, almost invisible, smile.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Phoenix sighed, "You're too stuffy, Edgeworth. You need to learn how to laugh at yourself. Don't take everything so seriously!" He lightly punched Edgeworth's upper arm. "Life isn't one big court trial. Seriously, when was the last time you ever had fun?"

No matter how hard he tried, Phoenix just could not imagine Edgeworth having fun, ever. Even in grade school, Edgeworth was serious and, well, kind of boring.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 7:01 pm

"I have fun." Miles said. "And don't punch me." His face returned to its trademark scowl. "Besides, I never know when I'll be expected to do something so I always need to be on my guard. Like today. Apparently there was 'no one to take the report over' so I was volunteered by Gumshoe."

'Of course. Just when I start to get relaxed I say something to tense myself up again.' He places his hand to his forehead and sighs in a manner that made it seem like he was annoyed. He was, but with himself.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 7:06 pm

"Edgeworth," Phoenix gingerly placed a hand on his rival's arm. "What do you do that's fun? And tea parties only count if you're a five year old girl."

He looked at Edgeworth, trying to decide what to do. 'Man, Edgeworth is a wreck, he needs to get out more...' Phoenix thought, trying to ignore the idea growing in his mind. 'No, no, he'd never wanna do that...'
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 7:38 pm

"Pardon me, but I have not had a tea party since the time one of my coworkers wanted me to babysit their daughter." Miles thought back to that day. The coworker in question moved a week later. He tried to remember the last time he really had fun. Not surprisingly, he was drawing a blank.

'How pathetic am I... Not even able to remember when I had fun.' He knew there was no point in it but he continued with his thinking face just to make Phoenix think he was getting close to something.
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wright Mon May 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Phoenix shook his head, "Edgeworth, you shouldn't have to strain to remember the last time you had fun. For example, the last time I had fun was last night, when Maya and I exchanged fond memories in the car to the train station." He looked at Edgeworth with a hint of pity, "How do you live like this?"
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Defense Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 pm

"Quite content, thank you." Miles stood up and readjusted his suit jacket. "Wright, if this line of questioning is going where I think it's going then perhaps it might be better if I just left." He turned and started to walk towards the door. "Oh, and thank you for letting me use your computer."
Miles Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum